Project refuses to deploy to a CRM server

Oct 7, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Hi there

Great project - it works perfectly on my local machine - but when I deploy it to a CRM server I get the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ control language="C#" autoeventwireup="true" inherits="GridControl, App_Web_vbik4uvu" %>
Line 2:  <asp:Table runat="server" CellSpacing="0" CellPadding="0" ID="crmGrid" Style="table-layout:fixed;width:100%;height:100%;">
Line 3:  	<asp:TableRow>

Please can you provide some guidence - I've been fiddling with this for 2 weeks now and NOTHING I do works

As a start, I've added an additional page to the solution - test.aspx - which contains a response.write("TEST") - that works PERFECTLY - within the same subdirectory under the ISV folder - so I cannot understand why the reference to this control simply wont run? its driving me mad!

Oct 12, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Hi,

The best way is to deploy under ISV by creating a VirtualDirectory and configure it as an application. Please checkout posts on MSCRM webapplication deployment under ISV. You need to override some of the MSCRM web configuration in your Web.config in order to make it working under ISV.

From your code it seems that you are using the solution in precompiled form, and trying to inherit from the original user control. First, this is not required. Second, you need to maintain the original web structure because the grid uses a javascript file, and a theme. Obviously nothing will matter if you have changed the code accordingly.

Thanks
Sumanta